Monday 10 September 2012

Introductory Activity - Artist Quotes

One way to start or finish your lesson is to discuss artist quotes.  Quotes can be a great way to spark a discussion not only about the artist and their time, but also how your students feel about their own art making process.Artist quotes can also be a good way to introduce using descriptive language in an English class, or as an introduction to a specific time period in a Social Studies class.

See if you can match the quote to the artist.



Edvard Munch
Pablo Picasso

Georgia O'Keeffe

Jackson Pollock

Paul Gauguin

Emily Carr

Edgar Degas

Henri Matisse
 "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for"

"Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things"

"The painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through"
 

"Creativity takes courage"

"I sat staring, staring, staring - half lost, learning a new language or rather the same language in a different dialect"

"I shut my eyes in order to see"

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary"


"I sense a scream passing through nature. I painted ... the clouds as actual blood. The colour shrieked"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...