Friday 4 January 2013

Famous Artists Music Playlist


Woohoo!  The first post of 2013!

A new year always means reviewing those lessons and art ideas that worked, as well as looking at new ideas and ways to teach art.  In a past post I wrote about using artist quotes as a way to introduce a new lesson, artist, or art movement.  Music can also work in a similar way to help students remember what makes each artist unique.

 So without further ado here's my famous artist playlist



Vincent Van Gogh

Vincent (Starry Night) by Don McLean.
Whenever I think of Van Gogh and music, this song always comes to mind.

But how about also playing Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes, since much of what we know of Van Gogh comes from the copious amount of letter writing he did.






Paul Klee

My Cat's Name is Maceo by Jane's Addiction.
Paul Klee loved his cat Bimbo, and included cats in many of his works.

The Park by Canadian musician Feist could also provide a nice connection to Klee's Park Near Lucerne.






Andy Warhol

Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis Presley.
Andy Warhol was known for creating artworks of both celebrities (including Elvis) and shoes.


The Consumer by another Canadian, Stompin Tom Connors.
A reference to pop art and Warhol's connection between art and business.






 Leonardo Da Vinci

Mona Lisa by Carl Mann.
The song Mona Lisa of course springs to mind, but rather than the traditional slower versions I like this livelier rockabilly one.










Salvador Dali

Just My Imagination by The Temptations

Dreaming by Blondie

To create his art Dali looked to the world of dreams, and the illusion of reality.  Dali once said:  “Give me two hours a day of activity, and I'll take the other twenty-two in dreams.”





Any suggestions?  Feel free to post a comment and add your own artist song connection to the playlist.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely nice famous artist music playlist indeed! I'm delighted to find out such amazing blog post. Glad to see my favorite "Leonardo Da Vinci" is on your list. Thanks.
    famous artists

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Jason Aldean Tickets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...